Tuesday 17 December 2013

I'm Busay!!!


... what with Christmas fast approaching. And what with feeling rather tired and draggy of late fighting a cold for nearly 5 weeks no less. I don't have a cold but my body's trying desperately to push this virus out of me for that long with me taking a vitamin C powder in my green smoothie. The darn vitamin C powder is working enough to keep it at bay with hints in my throat and if it leaves my throat it tries to give me an eye cold. So the darn virus has been moving back n forth, up n down for nearly 5 weeks now, whilst everybody else at my work is dropping like flies. But I am DETERMINED to kick it out of me for good. So my new tactic is to up my Vitamin C to morning and night. And it seems to be working. Darned if I'm going to get a cold when I'm putting on Christmas dinner!! So take that you virus!! So what with that and the added busyness I've been feeling a bit wonkered and my workouts have been lagging. But I'm proud of myself that when I'm feeling a little up to it I fit one in. But I'm not pushing. So with that I managed, finally, to fit in a workout with both Gym Style Legs and tacked on the floor work of my new Cathe dvd, Lean Legs & Abs. Both are leg workouts but I had a sneaky suspicion that Lean Legs would be too light on my legs and heavier on cardio and I was right. So I was really glad to mix the two dvds as Gym Style is just what it is, a nice heavy leg workout making your legs toast if you use heavier weights than what's called for, which I do. So I got my sweat on with these 2 workouts. 


Gym Style Legs

Gym Style has lots of squats with barbells, lunges with pulses (believe they'll get you burning), plie squats followed with low ends, 15 low ends followed by 15 more to be exact! And I use a barbell of 55lbs as opposed to their lighter dumbells. Suffice to say, I'm still working on completing the 15 low ends without breaking. But I'll get there yet! There's also leg presses where I use a 15 lb weight rather than their stretch band. 


Lean Legs and Abs

I stopped there and went onto my new dvd, Lean Legs and Abs, which I had been looking forward to doing for awhile now but just hadn't fit it in yet. Finally I got to and it was a fun workout. Rather metabolic in nature with alot of compound moves while working out the legs with lighter weights. Cathe kept it quite aerobic based while she kept saying "I want to keep your heart rate up." And she wasn't mincing words! Cathe never minces words! lol! The cardio kept on creeping up on me with her non-stop squat presses, lunges, jumping sumos, lunges to jumping scissors with nary a break in between. I was glistening with sweat in Gym Style, but by the time I got a third of the way through Lean Leg's floorwork I was pouring sweat like any cardio class or sweaty studio Mysore class, and huffing and puffing to boot! And the music was the boss! Nice! So, even though I didn't find it a heavy leg workout, I find it PERFECT for tacking onto a heavier weight dvd to get a nice chisel effect to the legs and some cardio/metabolic work at the same time. A perfect combination!

... so fit in a practice, no matter how big or small, and all is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment