Wednesday 25 September 2013

Feeling Like Levity



Didn't make it to Mysore today. Had all good intentions with bag and mat all packed and lugged to work. But work took over, and client demands must be answered to. So of course had to work late. Humf! It's so funny as suddenly our client is all giddyup whereas before it was all dribs and drabs and twiddle of thumbs. Oh well at least the day goes by faster and you feel very productive. But none-the-less I missed my class. 

So what does a girl do, have a flexible plan as always! Home practice here I come and I can choose what I feel like doing no less! So I felt like some levity and happiness instead of the oh so deep and focused ashtanga. And who fits that bill better than Eoin Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness to get a smile on my face. A year ago he even tickled my feet, so I know he'll get me happy! Now don't get any ideas it was in a class he held at my yoga school. Haha! And he has the most amazingly smooth and well directed voiceover with just the right verbal cues to get you deep and rightly aligned in a pose. Yet the atmosphere is happy and playful which just gets me in a good mood. Can't beat that.


 What I love too about this disk, or disks as there's 2, is that there's a great balance of power yoga and ashtanga. But less intense and more fun. It allows me to get my bhanda on and be stronger in my arm balances without being so poopered out as in a full ashtanga class. He even includes jump thrus and backs from seated -- can you tell I love those -- though still unmastered! And he sprinkles in some great arm balances such as crow, galavasana, vasisthasana, the fun and challenging tittibhasana to crow to chatarunga and the very impressive astavakrasana thru to chatarunga. Just love that one as I can now do it on my right side. YES! Don't ask about the left, that's a sorry sight. And it's a 2 disk package with five different practices of varying lengths to choose from. He's a very generous and innovative guy. Love him! Oh and just love his little doggy doing updog in the vid too! Now if that don't get a smile on I don't know about you!

So all in all I still got a good practice, felt accomplished and finished with a happy face! 

Practice and all is coming ...

P.S. This dvd was one of my many faithful go to's when I still hadn't yet stepped into a yoga studio while I was recovering from chronic fatigue. I could never do I full session but I always did what I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment