Monday 14 October 2013

Happy Thanksgiving! ... And Cross-Training with Cathe

Thanksgiving Time!

Happy Thanksgiving all! ... I'm thankful for great family and great friends and all my joints, ligaments and tendons still behaving themselves so I can Get Up and Stand Up again and again and again! WooHoo! With all the injuries I've had in the past including chatarunga shoulders, tendonitis in bicep brachialis AND achilles at the same time no less, patella femoral syndrome, facet joint problems, wrist injuries (too much handstands, lol!) — I'm not talking out the side of my mouth, I truly mean it! Hallelujah and amen, I can truly Get Up Stand Up! But I digress ...

Cathe's New Vids



I celebrated with my family yesterday and had such a fun time playing dressup as we had an edict to appear on the red carpet at their home for pictures dressed all out in hollywood glam, all baubles and bling. I channeled one of the glam girls in Robert Palmer's Addicted to Love video. It was a hoot! So today on this Thanksgiving day I got to relax and do some much needed cross-training with good ol' but perpetually young Cathe again. I did her just released Party Rockin Step #2 which is a more dancey step routine with Cathe's famous blasts thrown in for good measure to up your cardio capacity to the max.



And I tacked on part of her new Flex Train metabolic weight training for good measure.



The step was really fun and by step combo 4 the music got better and better with an AMAZING remix of Rhianna's Umbrella song which I actually DESPISE, talk about ear worm, but done in this remix it's flippin amazing! Now, why didn't she do that the first time! And there's nothing like pumping music to keep me going in cardio especially when it's really ramping up in intensity, which Cathe is the queen at. So it was a fun step workout with just enough intensity. Though, if I am honest, I'm used to her being way more generous with her intensity like in 4 Day Split High Intensity Step, Athletic Step, her Imax's & HiiT's (talk about turning purple), Body Max 2, Step Works (oldie but goodie), etc.

Then her Flex Train was also quite fun mixing metabolic training with high rep weight work in a non-stop pace so my heart rate stayed somewhat up. I stopped after completing the bicep work. But man she worked my shoulders real good. This one doesn't really get you in the legs much but that's okay as it's safer for my knees not to do that right after step workout anyway. And even though it's more high rep she still gets the muscles real good and I find, as I said before, it really benefits my strength work at the gym. I find I can ratchet up my weights much faster this way. Quite interesting.

... so practice and all is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment