Sunday 20 October 2013

My Cardio Baseline


Had a busy day today bringing my sweet furry Maine Coon of a cat home from exile at my Dad's, picking up litter (huge bags, wearing wrist braces no less), her food, and all sundries home. Lots of stops and lugging of heavy things. Yet I was determined to do my Insanity step DVD back to back with 4-Day Split's biceps when I got her settled in with my two other adorable Tonkinese platinum mink boy beauties of which now that both have finally grown out of kittenhood and are the same size (one is 7 months older than the other yet they're brothers and the younger one is the uncle of the older one, try to figure that one out! lol!), I can hardly tell them apart visually, especially when I want to place them fast. What a conundrum! Next time I'll get a platinum point so I can easily tell them apart. Didn't think it through the first time. Haha! Anyways don't judge, they're oodles of animal lovers in my building with multiple households of 2-3 dog owners, or one dog with one cat, and my many friends with 2 or 3 cats in tow. So please no labelling allowed. lol! But I digress ...

Intensity and My Baseline

 



Anyways, I was determined to do Cathe's high octane step workout as I wanted to go out with a bang before my Corneal Cross Linking (CXL) and PRK on my eyes on Friday. With that I won't be able to lift weights and step for about a week. Woe is me! And the CXL for one of my eye's has the potential to knock me out with fatigue for a good two months. But I'm really hoping that with the improvement of the procedure, it's much shorter in duration from 30 minutes to just 10, I'm crossing my fingers it will be less intense. We'll see. No pun intended. So Intensity was in order. I wanted to give it all I got just in case. And what fun it was! But make no mistake about it, it was INTENSE!! It's like Cathe mashed together high intensity step along with plyometric blasts, along with high intensity interval training put together without any breaks. Holy green smoothie Batman, it's CRAZAY! This was way advanced for me! I had to break to a side step ALOT though I was very proud I kept on going. And even though it really was too advanced aerobically for me I had to admit sheepishly, but my legs could actually keep up with the plyometrics really great it's just my aerobic capacity could not YET. And I say YET with emphasis. As I'm using the breaks as my baseline and plan to do it at least once a month to check how I improve, hopefully taking less and less of them. Also, I like to make the excuse that I use two risers to Cathe and crews one. Which I like to say does make a difference. So there take that for advanced! lol!

... practice and all is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment