Tuesday 19 November 2013

Flex Train Choo Choo!!!


More like Woo Hoo!! Or Whoa Hoa!! Last night Cathe burnt my triceps and shoulder muscles with her new workout Flex Train. Ouch! Yah, that picture on her front cover says it all! She will burn your shoulders silly. And here I was trying to keep to my new workout schedule,


~ Nice huh! ~ but she burnt my triceps and shoulders so bad that the plan to do Ultimate Yogi's Strength was killed quick time. It was a night of rest for me. Travis' penchant for all those power chatarunga's would've took me out in no time flat. Travis and Cathe, you guy's kill me in a good way.


Flex Train


This dvd is one of Cathe's new one's and kind of a hybrid between a high rep workout with metabolic tendencies, shall we say. And it's low impact, great for those times when my knees or achilles get twingy. Also great when I want to top off with a full body weight day with added cardio mixed in at the end of the week after having done a heavy weight day earliery on. This will burn! I have to say these metabolic and high rep workouts are new to me as I tend towards heavy weight work and separate cardio work OR sometimes a circuit workout to top off my week. I find dedicated workouts more productive for me as my muscles don't respond to light weight lifting. And metabolic is notorious for using light weights as it's just trying to up the cardio factor and get a little anaerobic at best to burn fat longterm. But to see muscle growth effects, NOT ~ for me anyway. So I've always tended to view them as "time-wasters" and pooh-poohed them. However, done Cathe style, I seem to be enjoying them, surprisingly. And as long as I use them wisely to top off my week or every 2 weeks not replacing my heavy weight days then I'm golden.


If I remember correctly, actually I should remember this correctly as she just about did in my shoulders. In fact, check out all the shoulder work in this preview alone! She started off with shoulder and I made the mistake on the first exercise when we picked up the 8lb weights, I thought I knew better than her and picked up 10's instead. Well, later on I was really sorry I did that! We went from one metabolic shoulder exercise to another to another to another. Waaaa! I was feeling it! I thought when is this ever going to stop!? Next time, I will obey Cathe's cues if I know best. Then we went to heavy back with 25lb, I did 20lb and then some light let's-burn-the-back work. We continued on with bicep, chest and triceps with legs sprinkled in. Then abs to close. I went heavier on the biceps and didn't do the pulses but did more traditional sets and reps. I have to be very careful not to do high reps or pulses for my biceps as I believe that type of lifting is too stressful for my bicep brachialis tendons. And I don't want to get tendonitis there again.

This was a great workout as it gave me a nice two for one ~ high rep and cardio conditioning. How can I go wrong. And I sweated nicely. The only thing that I fault is that you won't get a leg workout with this. Barely burnt the legs except for the last leg exercise where you WILL feel the burn. But there wasn't enough exercises and heavy enough to warrant it in any way close to a leg workout. All in all Cathe's Flex Train is a keeper!

... practice and all is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment