Saturday 9 November 2013

Oh My Poor DOMS!


I.am.sore.with.DOMS.all.over.my.body.from.tip.to.stern! I was very good and rested on Wednesday then on Thursday did Burn Set Bi's, Shoulders and Ab's that Cathe was so nice to put as bonus workouts on her XTrain dvd's so you don't even have to get her Burn Set dvd if you don't want to. Though you still have to flip from dvd to dvd to get at them. Details, details. Then yesterday was heavy weight work at the gym and I did back, legs, chest and triceps. And I'm so proud of myself as I'm now at 105lb on both the leg extension machine and the squat rack. Yeah! I think I'll go to 110lb for plie squats next week. However with those two heavy weight days in a row I am SORE! I haven't been this sore all over in ages and no amount of whey protein with added BCAA's is putting a dent in it. Ha! My shoulders ache, my chest aches, my lats aches, by ab's burn, my biceps ache, my inner thighs ache! The only muscles that don't yelp at me yet are my triceps and quads BUT they may just be biding their good old time only to bite me in the butt tomorrow. They don't call it delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) for nothing. But I digress ...

Cathe's XTrain Burn Set Bi's and Shoulder's 




XTrain Burn Sets is one of Cathe's newer dvds which I did for the very first time on Thursday. I actually don't have the dvd but she's so amazingly generous that she added them as bonus workouts on her other XTrain dvd's so I did her Burn Set Bi's added as bonus on her Cardio Leg Blast dvd ~ the full workout no less, no short changing here. And Burn Set Shoulder's added as bonus on her All Out Low Impact HIIT dvd. And I think it's now going to be one of my favourite heavy weight dvd workouts. It's exactly the way I like to work with weights as I like to go heavy. And this way allows for that along with the rest periods in between sets.

 

 

How she does it is for each muscle group we do 3 different exercises plus a burn set to really burn and work the muscle to submission. This allows for really good gains. For each exercise we do 2 sets with a goal of 10 reps so you should go as heavy as you can for 10 reps. Then you do the third set to failure. On the failure set you shouldn't have your weight too light that you could go past 15 reps and too heavy that you can't go past 5 reps. Then after those 3 exercises you do the burn set finisher. It was awesome and I new my muscles were worked and I'd be feeling it the next day. I liked the exercise choices she used for biceps and shoulders, they are the one's I find the most effective and that don't strain my tendons. Like incline bench biceps curls my tendons HATE and I won't do. And she didn't do them. Yes! And she didn't do the front close grip close to the body barbell raises for the shoulders that my scapula muscles despise. Thank goodness it's not a popular exercise anymore anyways. I did cheat and skip a set in the biceps and shoulders as I need to be careful with my bicep tendons and I needed to work up to this dvd. lol! Awesome and effective. Cathe did it again!

... practice and all is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment