Thursday 28 November 2013

Havin a Partay!! ... AND Broke the Workout Barrier!!



... with Cathe's Party Rockin Step 2 again just last Monday AND I broke my workout barrier by doing Low Max Step in it's entirety!!! Unheard of for me. You see I've always had challenges with stamina (left over chronic fatigue reminders) and actually rarely have completed a FULL Cathe DVD ever. Yes, I'm a cheater. Ha! So, you can imagine my shock and awe when I finished the complete Low Max workout last Wednesday which is a 70 minute high intensity low impact step workout with 7 combo's combined with 7 HIT blasts after every combo. I felt on top of the world! After the 4th combo/blast I kept psyching myself up with "come on, don't stop at your usual spot you can do another." And I did another and another and another! WooHoo!! I was a very sweaty proud mess at the end.

 

I decided to do a low impact step as my achilles were acting up a bit but still wanted to get in some much needed fun cardio and still keep my goal of building my cardio capacity. I love this workout because it's so much fun, the music is great and it's deceiving. The intensity sneaks up on you and by the 3rd combo/blast your huffing and puffing and feeling the quad burn. Cathe is a master at ramping the intensity up in her workouts and she didn't disappoint here. She uses alot of quad work in this to ramp the cardio up and go anaerobic on you. She even teeters after a blast because she just burnt out our legs big time. It's hilarious to witness because we all swear Cathe is made of steal. Lol!

A Party Rockin Step #2 P.S. ...

 


I recant my previous "Happy Thanksgiving ..." post where I said Party Rockin Step #2 wasn't as intense as her other blastier type step workouts. What was I thinking??!!@@ When I did it again last Monday for the second time, I realized how intense it was! And I did more combo's that time too. I actually liken it to her Intensity DVD but a more toned down, balanced, dancier version. If that makes any sense. I find this the PERFECT balance of dancier step/blasts/plyo to use for really ramping my cardio capacity. As it allows for just the right amount of mini recovery within the plyo moves and blasts.

Can't Wait For Party Rocking Step #1

I just previewed Party Rockin Step #1 and I can't wait!!! It's prancier, dancier, twirlier and more low impact than #2. Perfect for my naughty achilles. And has rockin techno music to boot. The jokes on me because when I bought it ~ it came as a package with Step #2 ~ I wasn't impressed by the choreography in the online preview. Really NOT impressed. I thought it looked cheesy, awkward and forced in it's complexity. Was-I-wrong. Upon previewing the whole dvd the other night I realized how much fun it is and how the moves go great with the funtastic techno music. Man, I LOVE workouts where it's challenging and FUN with a capital F. And Cathe hits the mark every time!!

... so practice, have FUN with a capital F, and all is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment