Sunday 3 November 2013

Love and Butterflys ...


Yes, love and butterflys! Because I'm in love with Travis Eliot and his Ultimate Yogi DVD set AND I woke up with butterflys in my tummy, unfortunately not from him but from the queeziness of the blurry wonkiness of very slow healing PRK monovision. Yuck!! ... After I finally ate my breaky my tummy settled down and my brain began accepting the two toned blur of vision. I have a very narrow range of up close vision, basically my face has to be up close to the screen to see anything. Lol! And everything else is a lopsided blur fiasco. I forgot that because I'm getting BOTH eyes done that I won't have the other eye to compensate and take over for me as in my two last lasers. So I miscalculated on the adaptation and how long my healing would be to best corrected vision. And also forgot about adapting to monovision AND PRK being much more slow healing to best corrected than LASIK. Oh well live and learn as they say!

My right eye was corrected to see far but my doc has to overshoot the correction to see close up at first for it to heal to far vision where then I won't see up close anymore in that eye. And he corrected the left eye (the eye that's been corrected twice before and was the one I was seeing out of for 3 years AND is my non dominant eye that was trained and forced to be dominant, so my right eye is now lazy!) for up close vision and is still a blur up close and lets NOT speak about far vision as it will NEVER see for far. So right now my left eye is doing NADA and my right see's with a narrow span up close but is continually SLOWLY changing to far vision. So, I'm cross-eyed right now. AND on top of that now my right eye is my lazy eye when it used to be my dominant eye. So later on I may have to wear a pirate patch on my left eye when not reading — "aye, aye, matey!" — to get my right eye to accept monovision and become dominant again for far vision. Many people become nauseous at first before their brains adapt to monovision and fuses their sight together. So it's not a walk in the park unfortunately, it's a real bugger actually. But so far so good I've only got a couple of queezy sessions but my eyes do tire easily when doing things like switching my summer winter clothes, which took me all afternoon, proved too much for me eyes. Yes, it took me this late in the season to do it. I'm such a slacker! But thank goodness I can workout, doctor sanctioned (as I didn't have lasik flap surgery)! My saving grace! As I don't need my eyes to focus too much. Yeah! And as long as I keep the sweat out of my eyes I'm good to go. So, no yoga studio's for me, sorry Mysore, as I sweat way too darn much in my shala for it to be safe for my eyes. But anyway I digress...

My Love, Travis Eliot



So, lets get on to more important things like my love, Travis, the babe, who made the most wonderful challenging intense upper body and lower body focused 12 dvd yoga practice set. He actually left my legs a-quivering!! That's how much he affects me! Yesterday after getting over the queeziness and other sundries I did his Flexibility dvd (they don't have that video available so I've included Cross Training instead) coupled with the seated of Power Yoga for Happiness in order to keep up with my pickup jump backs and throughs. I just did the standing of Flexibility and it was a strong intense practice lots of his version of sun sals to get you warmed up then he did lots of stretching postures, forward folds, standing splits, intense side stretch pose, deep lunge warriors, seated front splits with lots of chatarunga vinyasa's interspersed to keep the heat and sweat going to maintain limberness. He also included his famous yogi pushups which Cathe likes to call tricep pushups to round things out. It's such a sweet well choreographed balanced practice reminiscent of the wonderful Brian Kest (he trained under him and it shows in his teaching philosophy and his cute rhyming) but with, I think, even better flows. And even though some people don't like his mannerisms I do like when he drags out "down doooooooooog." It somehow changes my perspective of downdog to a resting posture. And believe me, with Travis' strenuous yet effective flows, downdog will suddenly feel VERY restful indeed. lol! The only things missing, is I wish my love, Travis, would have fairy dust sprinkled in some arm balances and jump throughs/backs. I think with his challenging style he could've gone all the way. I mean why stop there? Maybe with Penultimate Yogi II I'll get my wish. In any case it was a fabulous practice and I have DOMS all over my backside and hamstrings to prove it. Well done, Travis my love, well done!

... practice and all is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment