Sunday 10 November 2013

Ultimate Yogi Cardio ... Waaaa?!?!


O.M.Gerd!!! Travis, babe, you're killing me! Lor' give me strength! Or rather, if I keep this up, Travis & God WILL give me strength! ... That's the way I felt doing his amazing Cardio disc on his amazing 108 day odyssey, 12 disc yoga program. (Psst, I'm not really doing the 108 days, as I'd get super bored doing any program that long plus I need the cross-training, and he'd do in my already misaligned shoulders through no fault of his own. Just that too much chatarunga's does not make my shoulders too happy.) And I do love his Bryan Kest like rhyming (there's no doubt he was taught by him) which I find keeps me focused, trancelike and happy. And you need it through this one.


I loved Cardio! Maybe it's because I'm a closet adrenalin junkie. And this will give you your fix. No question about it. Now, this disc is not a misnomer. This is a one non stop, breathless, power vinyasa flow. There is NO rests in downdog except for the very first one in his version of sun salutation A. And from then on in it's all systems GO! Remember when I said in my last post about him, he'll make downdog feel like a resting posture? Well, you'll be begging for one now. He takes us through about 5 of his versions of sun sal A's before going into 5 of his versions of sun sal B's, which include 3 legged downdog, knee to nose, leg back up then through to high lunge. When you get back to chair pose in sun sal B you sit there and do a flow from arms up to chest to thigh with arms back then sitting back up with arms up. The first cycle you do one of these in chair then you do that same flow in high lunge on each side. Then you cycle back to chair doing the flow 2x in chair and 2x in high lunges and you go on until you complete 5 cycles. It looks benign upon previewing but man by the 2nd cycle your legs are starting to burn in chair pose and the burn gets hotter and hotter as you go along. And the breathe gets louder and louder. Remember there's NO breaks. THEN after the 5th sun sal B you then go through vinyasa's from side to side 10 times! Yeah, you heard me, 10 times! Well, Travis, my babe, lost me there. I only made it through 6 cycles before I raised the white flag. By that time, I was a breatheless, sweaty, sniffling, leg quivering mess. As a Cathlete once said "I think I almost drooled." But it was amazing and I glowed afterwards. So, nevermind that I finished early, I have faith that when Travis, my babe, is finished with me, I will be one strong iron warrior woman!!

... practice, drool, and all is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment