Saturday 9 November 2013

Premix X49 ... Ya Right!


Yeah, that's right I tried, is the operative word, to do premix X49 on Cathe's new high intensity dvd X10 last Tuesday. Ya right who was I fooling! Delusion is the reason for optimism! ... This awsome dvd is actually 5 separate workouts that are only 10 minutes long, a misnomer as none of them are actually 10 minutes, more like 12 minutes to 17 minutes long, but when you add the warmup and cool down works out to around 25 to 30 minutes each. They were designed to be used as mini-blast-that-bootie-into-afterburn workouts that you can do when you're short on time or want to tack it on to a weight training or yoga day. Or you can use the premix section and do a number of the workouts all in one. All these ways are equally valid and this dvd was purposely designed for all these varied uses in mind. It includes 5 workouts: Step, Low Impact, Hi/Lo, Cardio Blast and Fat Burning Circuit.

So with that I thought I'd go all out and do the X49 premix. Now, I got to premise that the amazing Cathletes out there have been running forum threads that they did X77, the most powerful and cardio blasting of ALL 5 workouts strung together. Talk about ironman! Well, I have no inclination to go to nosebleed levels in the near or far future but I just thought why not try X49? It's just 3 sections, the step, low impact, cardio blast sections plus warmup and cool down. What can it hurt? Oh ya, it hurt! I could only get up to low impact and I was through. Done in! Caput! But come to think of it I only had one more section to go. So really not so bad, eh? So I'm still proud of myself and won't disturb my ego by comparing to the nosebleed Cathletes.


I initially thought the warm up would be boring as I don't particularly like floor cardio warmups, preferring step. But the music was so amazing that I forgot all about my funny preferences and really got into it. In fact, I got an earworm of the song in my dreams it was that good. Haha! Actually Cathe outdid herself in this dvd and really chose amazing music for all the workouts. Especially notable was the low impact section that played a revved up version of Aerosmith's Walk This Way. It was a blast and just pushes you to keep going. Speaking of keep going, I thought I was going to die with the step portion. I knew from previewing it I was going in deep and felt it was the hardest workout of the 5 and let me preface this by saying that all of them are hard. And I'm not the only one that feels that, the Cathletes do too. Ha! And the reason it is, is because she starts right off without a by or leave into fast feet shuffles into jump ropes into power 15's with NO breaks at all which she cycles over and over until she moves onto long hop turns etc. Holy nap Batman, when can I breathe! I had to do my forced breaks to breathe. lol! But I made it through and soldiered onto the metabolic section after the step and then onto the low impact segment where I called it a day. And proceeded to have a nap later on. That workout deserved a nap, darn it!

... practice and nap and all is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment