Sunday 19 January 2014

Mirrors, Mirrors!!

Finally yesterday I did my yoga. My gosh it feels like so long! I did do a wee practice in Miami with my dream come true mirrors in my room. OMG talk about a Bikram room to be jealous of. A full wall from tip to stern and from top to bottom! I was in love! I could analyze my postures to my heart's content. But alas, there was so much to do and so little time to do it in that I just got in one practice analysis. And that was it. Though my mat sat there hopefully the whole time. Sigh! But I digress ...

Strong, Free, and Happy!

Last night I finally fit in my yoga. And truly fit it in I did, as I did it late! Don't ask me how late. Suffice it to say it was well after 12am in between my midnight TV respite. lol! Anyhoo, I did the DAMN WELL just DO IT motto and got it done with my fav Strong, Free and Happy routine off Eoin Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness dvd.


I love this routine as it has alot of ashtanga elements. The standing flow has enough primary postures for me plus a really nice warrior series that will burn and strengthen your legs that's missing in primary. I can always gauge my yoga leg strength with this one and I failed this time. I copped out at the very last twisting posture (utthita parsvakonasana) as I already did long holds in warrior 1, warrior 2, parsvakonasana A, then B without a break! So sue me! Also the standing series has two nice arm balances in it that I love to always get into my yoga practice. Moreover, the seated postures also are ashtanga style with a compacted version of it including the jump backs and throughs. Eoin also includes more arm balances and my fav astavakrasana to koundinyasna jump back and tittibasana. And, YES!, I can still do the full expression of astavakrasana and transition on my right side but still having trouble transitioning into koundinyasana on my left. Practice, practice, practice. However, expressly because of lack of practice my jump throughs at the beginning were more like a drag through. Let's just say I was NOT happy about my backslide. But by the end of practice they were getting more bouyant. Yeah!

I subbed hanumanasana for side plank and supta padangusthasana for the ab work as I already killed my abs sufficiently at the gym the night before. But didn't go all the way to kurmasana and titti. Oh well, another time. But I was happy with what I did. So, overall it was a very satisfying practice.

... so practice, however way you can fit it in, and all is coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment